UAF’s fully online post-baccalaureate certificate in accounting is designed for people who want to make a successful transition into an accounting career. No matter what your undergraduate degree is in, we will prepare you to take the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) exam in Alaska.
If you plan to practice accounting in a state other than Alaska, check the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy to determine if this program will meet your needs. To find your state’s requirements, click the link above, select your state under “Choose a jurisdiction below to begin the Exam process:” and then click on “Eligibility Requirements.” If you have questions, fill out the form on this page to connect with an advisor.
Courses (30 Credits)
- Income Tax
- Managerial Cost Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Auditing OR Internal and Government Auditing
- Accounting Information Systems
- Advanced Accounting
- Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting
- Advanced Taxes
- Internal and Government Auditing
- Student Investment Fund OR Business Analytics
|$282/credit||$5/credit Technology Fee (max $60/semester)||$50 Application Fee*|
|$5/credit Libraries Fee||$50 Graduation Fee|
|$6/credit Facilities Fee|
|$11/credit Network Fee|
|$25/credit eCampus Fee|
|$56/credit School of Management fee|
* Use code UAFSOM when applying to get your application fee waived!
Estimated Cost of Program Based on Current Rates: $11,750
For more about UAF costs, visit our Financial Aid website.
Careers in Which Our Graduates Excel
- Accounting Clerk
- Budget Analyst
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Management Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Corporate Analyst
- Credit Authorization
- Criminal Investigator
- Executive Management
- Financial Management
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (discipline doesn’t matter).
- Must have taken Principles of Financial Accounting (ACCT F261X) and Principles of Managerial Accounting (ACCT F262).
Get more information
Students would be hard pressed to find anything close to this level of faculty commitment and personal involvement at any other accounting program. [UAF] did a thorough job of preparing me for employment and the particular nuances of public accounting in Alaska.