The A.A.S. in Applied Accounting is a fully online associate’s degree that prepares students for entry- and mid-level accounting jobs. Learned skills include keeping financial records, preparation of financial and tax statements, bookkeeping and payroll accounting. The program includes a mix of accounting and related business courses that provide the skills and knowledge necessary to begin or advance a career in accounting. Courses are designed to address the financial decision-making concerns of the modern businessperson.
Graduates of the A.A.S. in Applied Accounting program will have also completed the Accounting Technician certificate and the Bookkeeping occupational endorsement, and can apply for those degrees as well.
Courses (60 Credits)
- Principles of Accounting I
- Payroll Accounting
- Customer Service OR Fundamentals of Supervision
- Principles of Accounting II
- Principles of Accounting III
- Accounting Capstone
- Income Tax
- Microcomputer Accounting OR Microcomputer Accounting: QuickBooks
- Financial Management
- Fund Accounting for Nonprofits OR Principles of Banking
- Introduction to Business
- Microcomputer Spreadsheets OR Microcomputer Databases
|$175-$234/credit||$5/credit Technology Fee||$40 Application Fee|
|$5/credit Libraries Fee||$50 Graduation Fee|
|$6/credit Facilities Fee|
|$9/credit Network Fee|
|$25/credit eCampus Fee|
Estimated Cost of Program Based on Current Rates: $16,245
For more about UAF costs, visit our Financial Aid website.
Careers in Which Our Graduates Excel
- Accounting Professionals at Corporations, Utility Companies, Government Agencies, Non-profits and Small Businesses
Get more information
I truly enjoyed the online Accounting courses offered at UAF. It gave me control over my studies and allowed for flexibility in my schedule. My overall experience has been very positive!