Get more information
Planning and preparing for the adverse effects of a major crisis brought on by natural disasters, cyber threats and even common emergencies are key to the survival of an organization. This online graduate certificate in business continuity will teach you the processes required to build resilience and provide for disaster recovery within both public and private entities.
Business continuity is essential for a successful business and, as such, many organizations are adapting their employees’ roles to include continuity components. This online certificate will help you understand those components, teach you how to develop a plan, and cover best practices to survive and thrive despite a crisis or disaster. As an employee or business owner, you will be better prepared for any business disruption that may occur.
Courses (12 Credits)
- Crisis Management (HSEM F645)
- Business Continuity and Risk Assessment (HSEM F646)
- Project Management (HSEM F632)
Choose one of the following:
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management (HSEM F445) If you have no prior experience in business continuity, this course will be required.
- Cybersecurity Resiliency (HSEM F417)
- Business Continuity Audit (HSEM F647)
Refer to the UAF Catalog for the full list of course requirements.
|$282/credit for 400-level courses||$6/credit UA Facilities Fee||$75 Application Fee FREE*|
|$513/credit for 600-level courses||$21/credit UA Network Fee||$50 Graduation Fee|
|$50/credit UAF Consolidated Fee||Costs for course materials will vary.|
|$56/credit School of Management Fee for 400-level courses|
|$103/credit School of Management Fee for 600-level courses|
* Use code UAFSOM when applying to get your application fee waived!
Estimated Cost of Program Based on Current Rates: $7,532 – $8,366
For more about UAF costs, visit our Financial Aid website.
Careers in Which Our Graduates Excel
- Business Continuity Manager
- Safety and Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Security and Business Continuity Compliance Specialist
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. If your bachelor’s degree is in a related field and you earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher OR if you have already obtained a graduate degree, you will not have any additional requirements.
- If your bachelor’s degree is not in a security- or business continuity-related field and you earned a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, you will be required to start with one 400-level course, which counts as your elective.
- If your cumulative GPA for your bachelor’s degree was between 3.0 and 2.75, regardless of the field of study, you must complete the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Exam.
- If your cumulative GPA for your bachelor’s degree was below 2.75, you will be required to submit results from either the GRE or GMAT.
Get more information