Request for Drop or Withdrawal
What It Means When You Drop A Class:
Within the drop period, students can drop courses for 100% refund (see the calendar). Dropped courses do not show up on your official university transcript. Students can complete drops at UAOnline or by using the form below.
What It Means When You Withdraw From A Class:
Students can withdraw from a course when the drop period has ended and by the withdrawal deadline (see the calendar). Students can complete withdrawals at UAOnline or by using the form below.
It is recommended that you consult with your instructor(s), academic advisor and/or the financial aid office before withdrawing from your course(s) to understand the implications of withdrawing and to determine if you have other options available to you. Withdrawing after the add-drop period can impact you in several ways, including:
- Receiving a ‘W’ grade on your transcript.
- You may be required to return financial aid already received.
- You may lose scholarships that you’re receiving.
- You will not receive a refund of tuition or fees owed to the university.
- Impacting your eligibility for on-campus housing.
- Impacting your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status, which may impact future financial aid eligibility.