NOTICE: We are currently offering proctoring services at a reduced capacity.
To schedule an appointment, click the Schedule a Testing Appointment box below. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
General information about each exam, how to register and where to pay. Need to take a test not listed here? Contact us.
If you are applying to UAF please note that due to COVID-19, ACT requirement has been suspended until 2025 for admission purposes only. For the most up-to-date information on UAF’s ACT waiver click here.
Remaining ACT sessions for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- June 11th
Check-in begins at 7:15 AM at the Engineering Learning & Innovation Facility (1731 South Chandalar Drive) on the main UAF Campus. There will be signs directing you to the correct building. The exam will begin promptly at 8 AM.
ALEKS is the math placement exam used by all University of Alaska institutions for any math or science course requiring a prerequisite and/or placement test. ALEKS exams are proctored and can be taken virtually or scheduled at any university campus or exam center.
ALEKS exams are free to students and can be repeated up to four times. To schedule an appointment with UAF eCampus Exam Services in Fairbanks, click here:
UAF Competency Exams
- Library Competency Exam:eCampus Exam Services offers the Library Competency Examination to students wanting to challenge LS 100X or LS 101X. There is no credit awarded for passing the test but scoring 70 percent or above substitutes for the baccalaureate core requirement. Register for the exam by completing the Library Competency Examination form (PDF). The LCE is a computer-based exam that must be taken in a proctored environment and may be taken remotely if necessary. The fee for the test is $30, and you are allowed one repeat for an additional $30.To schedule an appointment and pay the proctoring fee click on the “Schedule a Testing Appointment” box at the top of this page.
- Computer Skills Placement Exam: eCampus Exam Services offers the Computer Skills Placement Exam via ACCUPLACER, which meets the requirement for AIS 101, which is required for Bachelor of Business Administration degrees from UAF. There is no credit awarded for passing this test but a score of 70 percent or higher substitutes for the baccalaureate degree requirement. Register for the exam by completing the Computer Skills Placement Examination form (PDF). The CSP is a computer-based exam that must be taken in a proctored environment and may be taken at a remote location. The fee for the test is $30, and you are allowed one repeat for an additional $30.To schedule an appointment and pay the proctoring fee click on the Schedule a Testing Appointment box at the top of the page.
UAF can proctor exams from the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), which is a national program that awards college credit for some introductory courses. View which CLEP exams fulfill UAF course requirements.
The CLEP costs $134 to $144 depending on which CLEP exam you are taking. This total estimated amount includes UAF’s administrative fee. To register for an exam, you must first visit CLEP’s website to register for the exam and pay their fee.
After registering on CLEP’s website, print out a registration ticket which will include a voucher number. We need that number to access your exam.
Next, schedule a testing appointment by clicking on the Schedule a Testing Appointment box located at the top of this screen. You will need to have your CLEP voucher number when scheduling an appointment.
Note: Active-duty military are not subject to the $89 CLEP fee (unless this is a retake) and will not be required to pay the administrative fee if the exam is taken at a CLEP center on base, otherwise the fees will be charged. Call eCampus Exam Services at 907-474-2060 for details.
The Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam is offered as part of contracted testing between eCampus Exam Services and Prometric Testing.
For more information and to register, go to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy website.
UAF offers DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST), which includes over 30 different subject tests allowing you to receive college credits for learning acquired outside the traditional classroom perhaps from reading, on-the-job training, or independent study.
The DSST fee is $145, which includes a $45 administrative fee. To schedule an appointment and pay the proctoring fee click on the Schedule a Testing Appointment box at the top of the page.
The $100 DSST test fee must be in the form of credit card payment (as required by the test sponsor) and will be collected at your scheduled test date.
Note: Active-duty military is not subject to the $100 DSST fee (unless this is a retake) and will not be required to pay the $45 administrative fee if the exam is taken at a DSST center on base. Call eCampus Exam Services at 907-455-2060 for details.
UAF eCampus Courses
If you are in Fairbanks, we have your exam ready for you! We are proctoring a few select UAF eCampus courses during the Spring 2021 term. Your instructor has been provided the link for you to access the scheduling calendar. We are unable to accept walk-ins at this time due to limited testing capacity.
1790 Tanana Loop
Suite 131, Bunnell Building
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Fairbanks, AK 99775-6700
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday – Friday
If you are outside of Fairbanks, you will need to arrange for a local proctor.
Have a proctor in mind (and their contact information) and then click the button below that applies to your location to launch the right form.
The Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) is a computer-based exam offered year-round through Pearson Vue. It is designed for recent graduates or students who are close to finishing an undergraduate engineering degree. The FE exam is a graduation requirement for undergraduate students who are completing a degree from UAF’s College of Engineering and Mines. Register for your appointment early as these slots fill up quickly!
FLATS & BYU
Brigham Young University offers both the Foreign Language Achievement Testing Service (FLATS) and various online BYU courses.
FLATS exams offer students the opportunity to test out of foreign language classes, earning up to 12 credits, and fulfill various high school curriculum requirements.
More information about FLATS exams and the languages offered can be found on BYU’s website.
If you are taking an online course to fulfill a high school requirement please consult with your BYU course instructor on how to order your exam for proctoring.
To schedule an appointment and pay the proctoring fee click on the Schedule a Testing Appointment box at the top of the page.
Register for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) here. The cost is $205.
At the end of 2021, Prometric will no longer support our operating system. We will be upgrading our system in early January 2022 and hope to be accepting appointments by mid-January at the latest. If you need to take a GRE before then, there is an at-home GRE testing option. Please note that this option is offered and supported by ETS. eCampus Exam Services does not have a role in exam registration, administration, or troubleshooting.
UAF requires the results of the GRE for most graduate programs and a GRE score is required from all students whose undergraduate GPA is below a B (3.0) average regardless of the departmental requirement.
GRE Subject Tests
Register for a GRE Subject Test here. The cost is $150.
The GRE Subject Tests are administered three times a year: September, October, and April.
If you need to take an exam for a university not in the University of Alaska system, or for any other private proctoring requests, you can schedule a proctoring session for outside universities under the Schedule a Testing Appointment link located at the top of the page. Please note that due to social distancing, we may not be able to assist during peak times such as mid-terms or finals week.
NTN: Written Exams
eCampus Exam Services offers written testing for:
- Law Enforcement
- Adult Corrections
- Juvenile Corrections
- Emergency Communications
- Transit Operator Professionals
Testing is offered at least twice a month on a Monday. Please register directly with the National Testing Network (NTN) for an exam. eCampus Exam Services does not perform any skills-based testing services.
Upcoming test dates for online PS/PE exams:
- 06/02, 06/14, & 06/30
- 07/12 & 07/26
* Dates are listed for your information, they do not guarantee that we have seats available on that given day. Some subjects require that the test be taken on a specific day while others are available year-round. Seats are limited and fill up quickly, so register as soon as possible. Registration for online exams opens up to other non-NCEES candidates two weeks prior to the test date if no NCEES candidates are registered.
These are some of the most common Pearson VUE exams we’ve proctored:
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- American Society of Health Informatics Managers (ASHIM)
- Art Therapy Credentials Board Examination (ATCBE)
- Association for Financial Professionals (AFP)
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
- Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB) EPPP Exam
- Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT)
UAF Placement Exams
To promote a successful start in college courses, new UAF students are required to take placement exams before registering for math, science, English and other courses that have prerequisites.
Learn more about those exams and how to take them on our Placement Exams page.
PRAXIS Series Testing
The PRAXIS I and II exams are required for certain programs at UAF and by the State of Alaska Department of Education for teacher licensure.
PRAXIS computer-based exams are offered on Wednesdays and Fridays.
At the end of 2021, Prometric stopped supporting our operating system. We are currently working with ETS to upgrade our system to allow us to administer the Praxis exam. In the meantime, there is an at-home testing option for some Praxis subjects. Please note that this option is offered and supported by ETS. eCampus Exam Services does not have a role in exam registration, administration, or troubleshooting.
Go to the Praxis website to register and pay.
PSI offers thousands of exams that we can proctor. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Custodial Maintenance Exam
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- National Certified Guardian Exam
- AK Residential Plumbing and Heating Mechanical Administrator
- AK Residential Wiring Administrator
- AK Residential Contractor Endorsement Exam
- ATI TEAS
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector Examination (NRPA-AMP)
- Crane Operator Program Testing
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification
- Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nursing Certification (CAPA)
- NHA Medical Administrative Assistant Certification Exam
If you are applying to UAF please note that due to COVID-19, the SAT requirement is being waived until 2025 for admission purposes only. For the most up-to-date information on UAF’s SAT waiver, click here.
SAT dates through the 2021-2022 academic year:
- June 4th (registration for this event is now closed)
Check-in begins at 7:15 a.m. at the Engineering Learning & Innovation Facility (1731 South Chandalar Drive) on the main UAF Campus. There will be signs directing you to the correct building. The exam will begin promptly at 8 a.m.
State of Alaska Exams
To take a State of Alaska water exam, you must register for your exam prior to scheduling:
To take a State of Alaska pesticide exam, you must register for your exam prior to scheduling:
To schedule an appointment and pay the proctoring fee click on the Schedule a Testing Appointment box at the top of the page.
eCampus Exam Services can proctor Journeyman exams for:
- Explosive Handler
Please work directly with your Coordinator to ensure that you have filled all of your hourly and coursework requirements prior to scheduling your testing appointment.
If you are taking the TEAS for a UA program, you will need to first register and pay the TEAS exam fee through UAA. After you have completed all of the registration steps with UAA, you can then schedule a testing appointment and pay the proctoring fee with eCampus Exam Services by clicking on the Schedule a Testing Appointment box at the top of the screen. You cannot schedule a testing appointment until you have registered with UAA.
If you are taking the TEAS for a different university, please consult your institution for further instructions.
Upcoming UAA TEAS dates:
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam is a pre-admission exam required for most students applying to UAF whose primary language is not English. Due to COVID-19 UAF is temporarily accepting Duolingo test scores for admission purposes through the Spring 2022 semester. Duolingo exams can be virtually proctored. If you are not applying to UAF, please check with your school to see which scores they will accept for admission purposes.
At the end of 2021, Prometric stopped supporting our operating system. We are currently working with ETS to upgrade our system so we can resume TOEFL testing. If you need to take a TOEFL exam before our new system is up and running, there is an at-home TOEFL testing option. Please note that this option is offered and supported by ETS. eCampus Exam Services does not have a role in exam registration, administration, or troubleshooting.
The cost of the TOEFL varies and registration is available at the TOEFL website.
Upcoming 2022 TOEFL dates:
UAA & UAS Exams
Are you taking a distance education course through one of our sister institutions within the University of Alaska system (UAF, UAS, UAA, KPC)? We are able to help with most proctoring needs this semester, however, due to social distancing guidelines, we may not be able to accommodate all non-eCampus exams during peak times such as, finals week.