APPLIED MANAGEMENT ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAM – BACHELOR
APPLIED MANAGEMENT ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAM – BACHELOR
Who Is the Online Degree in Applied Management Designed For?
The bachelor’s in applied management degree is designed for students who want to advance to management positions in technical fields. Our students work in all different kinds of technical careers — from automotive technology, to hospitality and culinary arts, to aviation and welding. Many are military students, or work as emergency medical technicians and paramedics. It’s also an excellent choice for students who have a specialized associate degree, certificate or technical training.
The online applied management degree is ideal for students who are busy with career and family obligations and need additional flexibility. We also offer the bachelor’s in applied management face-to-face at our main campus in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Get more information
Why Earn Your Online Degree in Applied Management at UAF?
- Earn your online management degree in a bachelor’s program accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the only degree of its kind in Alaska.
- Develop management skills and tailor a degree that aligns with your specific goals and interests.
- Learn from expert faculty and receive the highest quality business education available in a program recognized worldwide by many of today’s top employers.
Online applied management degree example projects
Here are a few examples of the types of activities you’ll get to engage in through this hands-on major:
- Use case study questions to apply management theory and concepts to your industry.
- Interview a manager in your field to build your network and see how course content plays out in the real world.
- Use project management, finance and accounting principles in real-life projects.
Learning online at UAF
Offering affordable in-state tuition for students around the country, our online degree programs are highly personalized, collaborative and flexible to meet all learning needs, and have been ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Cost breakdown for the online degree in applied management
The estimated cost of the online applied management degree based on current rates is $33,785.
Use code UAFSOM to get your $50 application fee waived!
See what your dollars go toward on the UAF eCampus Tuition and Fees page.
Explore a Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Management
Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Management Webinar
Applied Management Degree Jobs
Our online business degree program in applied management provides the training and hands-on experience you need to advance in your career or even start your own business.
If you’re new to your field or still early in your career, this degree will help you find jobs such as assistant manager, specialist, analyst or operator. If you have more advanced experience, you can move into roles such as manager, supervisor or director. You might even decide to use what you learn to start your own business.
What can you do with a management degree?
The answer to what can you do with a management degree is just about anything you want. The degree in applied management is one of the most career practical and versatile programs you can choose, because it provides specialized hands-on management training in your field of choice.
Our graduates have used this program to advance their careers in a wide range of industries. A few examples include:
- Airframe and power plant
- Art and music
- Automotive technology
- Computer information systems/IT
- Health care
- Hospitality and culinary arts
- Law enforcement
Salary for applied management
Earning your management degree will open opportunities for career advancement and higher salaries. While earnings will vary depending on your level of professional experience and the field in which you work, here’s a quick look at national salary averages for several management careers:
- Lodging managers: $54,430
- Food service managers: $55,320
- Construction managers: $95,260
- Transportation, storage and distribution managers: $103,320
- Automotive dealer general/operations managers: $133,250
- Oil and gas general/operations managers: $174,780
Upon graduating from the applied management program at UAF, I had a job offer waiting for me at the Alyeska Pipeline Service Company, one of Alaska’s industries toward which I had tailored my degree. Since accepting that position in 2014, I have been promoted three times. Alyeska recognized that I was not just graduating with a business degree; I was graduating with experience that I could apply to the workplace.
– Erin Rose McGowan, Senior Compliance Program Specialist, Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
Applied Management Degree Requirements
Other Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs to Explore at UAF
Get Started on Your Online Applied Management DegreeReady to get started on your online bachelor’s degree in applied management? We’re here to help.
Talk to an admissions counselor
Connect with an expert online admissions counselor for help getting started.
Transfer to UAF
We’ll walk you through the process and make sure you get the most out of credits you’ve earned.
Earn your bachelor’s degree in applied management online at UAF.