Courses (30 Credits)
- Legal Aspects of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
- Disaster Management Policy
- Community Planning in Emergency Management
- Vulnerability and Protection
- Human Security
- Project Management
- Strategic Collaboration
- Security and Disaster Management Capstone
- International Disaster Management
- MSDM Seminar (topics rotate)
- Any 400-level Homeland Security and Emergency Management course not previously taken
|$513/credit||$5/credit Technology Fee||$75 Application Fee*|
|$5/credit Libraries Fee||$50 Graduation Fee|
|$6/credit Facilities Fee|
|$21/credit Network Fee|
|$25/credit eCampus Fee|
|$103/credit School of Management Fee|
* Use code UAFSOM when applying to get your application fee waived!
Estimated Cost of Program Based on Current Rates: $20,390For more about UAF costs, visit our Financial Aid website.
Designed to Help Graduates Succeed in These Agencies
- U.S. State Department
- Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Department of the Interior
- Transportation Security Administration
- American Red Cross
- Bureau of Land Management
- Local Fire and Police Departments
- State Emergency Management Departments
- Oil and Gas Industries
Students WITHOUT a Bachelor of Emergency Management degree from UAF
Students with a GPA above 2.75 must submit results of the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Test.
Students WITH a Bachelor of Emergency Management degree from UAF
Students with a GPA above 3.25 will not be required to take an entrance exam. Students with a GPA between 3.25 and 2.75 will be required to submit results of the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Test.
Any student with a GPA lower than 2.75 will be required to submit results of the GRE or GMAT.
General UAF requirements for a master’s degree.
Get more information