Get more information
Courses (30 Credits)
- Legal Aspects of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
- Disaster Management Policy
- Community Planning in Emergency Management
- Vulnerability and Protection
- Human Security
- Project Management
- Strategic Collaboration
- Security and Disaster Management Capstone
- International Disaster Management
- MSDM Seminar (topics rotate)
- Any 400-level Homeland Security and Emergency Management course not previously taken
Up to six graduate-level credits may be transferred from the National Fire Academy, FBI National Academy or the Army’s Command and General Staff College or similar approved American Council of Education (ACE) graduate credit.
Refer to the UAF Catalog for the full list of course requirements.
|$513/credit||$6/credit UA Facilities Fee||$75 Application Fee FREE*|
|$21/credit UA Network Fee||$50 Graduation Fee|
|$50/credit UAF Consolidated Fee|
|$103/credit School of Management Fee|
* Use code UAFSOM when applying to get your application fee waived!
Estimated Cost of Program Based on Current Rates: $20,840
For more about UAF costs, visit our Financial Aid website.
Designed to Help Graduates Succeed in These Agencies
- U.S. State Department
- Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Department of the Interior
- Transportation Security Administration
- American Red Cross
- Bureau of Land Management
- Local Fire and Police Departments
- State Emergency Management Departments
- Oil and Gas Industries
Students WITHOUT a Bachelor of Emergency Management degree from UAF
Students with a GPA above 2.75 must submit results of the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Test.
Students WITH a Bachelor of Emergency Management degree from UAF
Students with a GPA above 3.25 will not be required to take an entrance exam. Students with a GPA between 3.25 and 2.75 will be required to submit results of the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Test.
Any student with a GPA lower than 2.75 will be required to submit results of the GRE or GMAT.
General UAF requirements for a master’s degree.
Get more information