SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ONLINE STUDENTSApply for scholarships to help pay for your online education at UAF. Every year, hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships and grants go unclaimed. Don’t miss these valuable opportunities for financial assistance — here’s what you need to get started.
Can You Get Scholarships for Online College?
As an online student, you’ll have access to all of the same scholarships you would be eligible for if you attended classes on campus. These include merit-based scholarships, which are awarded based on academic or personal achievement, and need-based scholarships that are awarded to students with financial need. Scholarships are awarded by the University of Alaska Fairbanks, as well as the federal government, state agencies and private organizations or donors.
How to Apply for Online College Scholarships
The first step is to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year at studentaid.gov. Be sure to use UAF School Code 001063. This lets the Financial Aid Office know that you are looking for assistance and may be used to determine additional scholarship eligibility.
Once you’re enrolled and accepted to UAF, you can then explore and apply online for hundreds of scholarships in our Scholarship Application System.
Our scholarships have different deadlines but most have a deadline of February 15. You’ll need to complete a new scholarship application online each academic year.
Explore Scholarship Opportunities at UAFUAF’s Scholarship Application System is an online database of more than 400 scholarships. Once you sign in and submit your General Application, you’ll be automatically matched with all the scholarship opportunities that you qualify for. You can also search for scholarships by college or academic department.
Featured UAF scholarships
Check out some of the scholarships for online students we have available. Here are a couple to get you started:
- Nanook Pledge: This four-year merit scholarship is available to incoming first-year, transfer and readmitted UAF students.
- Nanook Commitment: This renewable scholarship is available to incoming first-year, transfer and readmitted UAF students based on your application for admission, FAFSA and eligibility for other scholarships.
Find other outside scholarships for online college
In addition to the hundreds of scholarships available in UAF’s online Scholarship Application System, you may find additional opportunities for online degree scholarships at other websites. Here are a few to help you in your search:
- Alaska Community Foundation Scholarships: Find scholarships designed to help Alaskans to pursue their educational dreams.
- UniversityHQ: Find a wide variety of scholarships sortable by categories like military service, minorities, women, students with disabilities and more.
- UNIGO: Find unique scholarship programs for high school students, college students, grad students and non-traditional adult learners.