SPORT AND RECREATION BUSINESS ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAM
SPORT AND RECREATION BUSINESS ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAM
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Earn your online degree in sport and recreation business at one of the top schools for outdoor recreation in the nation. Combining business, leadership and hands-on training, this degree prepares you to hit the ground running in careers that involve sport, recreation and tourism.
Our AACSB-accredited sport and recreation business degree includes an annual student trip to the United States Olympic & Paralympic Facility for a career and job fair and boasts a 100% career placement rate within three months of graduation. Concentrations are available in recreation management and sport management, both of which give you unique opportunities to apply classroom lessons in the professional world.
Who Is the Online Degree in Sport and Recreation Business Designed For?
This program is a great match for students who are interested in careers in sport management or working on the business side of recreation — such as managing a hunting or fishing outfitter, working for a major retailer or being an entrepreneur. If you live outside of Alaska, or need flexibility because of a busy schedule, the online bachelor’s in sport and recreation business degree is a perfect option. We also offer the program face-to-face at our main campus in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Get more information
Why Earn Your Online Degree in Sport and Recreation Business at UAF?
- Develop skills that employers value most in an AACSB-accredited program at one of the top schools in the United States for outdoor recreation.
- Gain hands-on job experience in every class through opportunities such as working with the Nanook Athletic department or traveling to the NCAA Final Four to build your resume.
- Learn from faculty who work in pro sports, collegiate sports, the eSport industry and the outdoor industry, and who are entrepreneurs.
- Apply to take part in an annual student trip to the United States Olympic & Paralympic Facility for a career and job fair (paid for by UAF)!
- Focus your degree in recreation management or sport management.
Online sport and recreation business degree example projects
- Work with the Charlotte Hornets eSports franchise, the Charlotte Venom, and learn the software Slack in our Introduction to eSport Management class.
- Take part in weekly industry-based projects (such as developing a sponsorship package for a professional motorcycle racer, or analyzing an outdoor recreation social media campaign) in our Introduction to Sport and Recreation Management class. You’ll also receive a micro-credential endorsed by the National Junior College Athletic Association in this course.
Learning online at UAF
Earn your bachelor’s degree online and pay in-state tuition from anywhere you live. Online programs at UAF connect you with faculty and peers and engage you in active learning almost like you’re in a face-to-face class. Apply now and find out for yourself why we have been ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Cost breakdown for the online sport and recreation business degree
The estimated cost for the sport and recreation business program based on current rates is $42,542. The actual cost will vary depending on what electives you choose.
Use code UAFSOM when applying to get your application fee waived!
See what your dollars go toward on the UAF eCampus Tuition and Fees page.
Do what you love: The sport and recreation business degree at UAF
What can you do with a sport and recreation business degree?
Our graduates go on to excel in a variety of sport business and recreation management jobs, such as:
- Hospitality management
- Sport marketing
- Coaching or scouting
- Event management
- Facility management
- Sport sales
- Hunting/fishing outfitters
- eSport streaming
Sport and Recreation Business Degree Jobs
Ranked as the number one state for outdoor recreation participation,* Alaska’s booming tourist industry and natural resources offer unique opportunities for sport and recreation business majors. This degree will also prepare you for a variety of careers in recreation and sport business across the nation and around the globe.
*Outdoor Industry Association, 2019
In fall 2020, the Sport and Recreation Business program hosted a series of events featuring sport industry professionals from across the country. The videos cover a variety of topics, including networking, social change, and the use of data and analytics.
The bachelor’s in sport and recreation business is the only major in Alaska that focuses on what I want to do in the sports industry when I’m done with college. My long-term goal is to become a general manager of a professional sports organization. This degree will help me understand all sides of the sport business, allowing me to start on the operations side and work my way up the executive ladder.
– Tommy Nelson, Sport and Recreation Business major at UAF
Explore Classes for the Online Degree in Sport and Recreation Business
Required courses for the bachelor’s in sport and recreation business explore topics such as sport leadership, sport marketing, financial accounting, sport sales, and legal aspects of sport and recreation management. Depending on your professional interests, you can focus your degree in sport management or recreation management.
Other Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs to Explore at UAF
Get Started on Your Online Sport and Recreation Business Degree
Ready to get started on your online bachelor’s degree in sport and recreation business? We’re here to help.
Talk to an admissions counselor
Connect with an expert online admissions counselor for help getting started.
Transfer to UAF
We’ll walk you through the process and make sure you get the most out of credits you’ve earned.
Earn your bachelor’s degree in sport and recreation business online at UAF.