Minimum Requirements for Online Courses
- Macintosh OS X (10.12 or higher) or Windows PC (7 or higher)
- 4GB RAM (8GB RAM or more is highly recommended)
- 20GB of available hard-drive space
- Screen resolution set to 1280×1024
- Broadband/high-speed uninterrupted Internet access
for online classes that use web conferencing
- wearable headset
for Blackboard Collaborate
- 256 MB RAM
- 20 MB available disk space for .collab file
- 28.8 kbps or higher connection speed
- Soundcard that supports microphone and audio output
for Blackboard Learning Mobile Apps
- iOS 11 (or higher)
- Android 5 (or higher)
Google Chrome is the best web browser for Blackboard and Canvas. Instructions for downloading and installing Chrome.
Firefox is also compatible. Check to make sure whichever browser you choose is up-to-date.
Canvas does not support Internet Explorer.
Let’s Fix Your Problem ASAP
Brant can help you in person, over the phone or remotely with technical help in Blackboard, WordPress and other learning management systems you’re using in your course.
This includes (but is not limited to):
- Apple products (like iPad apps and Apple ID issues)
Hi there, my name is Brant! I completed both my associates in IT and my bachelor of fine arts in printmaking at UAF. I enjoy skiing, hand cycling, printmaking, painting, 4-wheeling and snowmachining. I’m happy to help you and can do so through chat, phone, in person or even remotely (from computer to computer).