Behavioral Neuroscience Research Class
In this fully online special topics course you will participate in biomedical research on mice, including data collection, data analysis, and interpretation of results. You will learn about obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and other conditions in humans and how basic animal research has the potential to contribute to improving the human condition.
|Options||What You'll Earn||Price|
|BIO F043||certificate||$125 for research and eCampus fees|
|BIO F194||1 credit issued by UAF||Tuition: $202; Fees: $144|
|BIO F394||3 credits issued by UAF||Tuition: $732; Fees: $238|
What You’ll Learn
- Learn how to do biomedical research — including data collection, data analysis, and interpretation of results — with real mice.
- Learn how to design an experiment that is scientifically justified, humane and ethical, and provides cutting-edge new knowledge to behavioral neuroscience.
- Learn about the obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) condition in humans.
- Learn about the anxiety and depression conditions in humans.
- Learn how basic research on an animal model has the potential to improve the human condition.
- Course development partially funded by the National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities of the National Institutes of Health under Award number UL1MD009610 (UAF BLaST).